1. Yelp was founded in 2004 to help people find great local businesses like dentists, hair stylists and mechanics.
2. Yelp had a monthly average of 89 million unique visitors who visited Yelp via their mobile device in Q3 2015*
3. Yelpers have written more than 90 million reviews by the end of Q3 2015
4. In addition to reviews, you can use Yelp to find events, lists and to talk with other Yelpers.
5. Every business owner (or manager) can setup a free account to post photos and message their customers.
6. Yelp makes money by selling ads to local businesses - you’ll see these clearly labeled "Yelp Ads" around the site.
7. Paying advertisers can never change or re-order their reviews.
8. Yelp uses automated software to recommend the most helpful and reliable reviews for the Yelp community among the millions we get. The software looks at dozens of different signals, including various measures of quality, reliability, and activity on Yelp. The process has nothing to do with whether a
Do you love Tokyo? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots? As the Tokyo Community Manager, you’ll be a full-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp. Community Managers are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-dos both on and offline, from writing and moderating to party planning and ring leading!
About you: Has a fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then. Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too. You reside in Tokyo and consider yourself a local expert (see below). Have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience (existing Yelp community managers have 5 to 15 years). Lives to write; writes to live. You know who you are... pencils down! You speak and write Japanese and English fluently.
About the job: Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties. Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations, barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp. Socializing and adventuring. Meet up with Yelpers. Attend civic events. See and be seen. In the scene. Be the Mayor. Always on.
Fun requirements: 4-year college/university degree Currently living and rocking out in Tokyo Experience with social networking, guerrilla marketing tactics, and event planning