It all started with one man and a rather good idea. Dutch entrepreneur Geert-Jan Bruinsma realized how useful it would be to connect hotels and guests. From a small office in Amsterdam, he built a website called Bookings.nl. This little startup grew steadily in its first few years. The formula for success was pretty simple: working hard to get it right for our customers.
By 2005, we were well on our way to becoming the market leader for European bookers. This growth did not go unnoticed by other large players in the travelsphere. The Priceline Group acquired Bookings.nl to give us the Booking.com we know today.
Despite evolving from a small startup to a global player, little has changed about our company culture. We move forward by taking lots of small steps and executing at incredible speeds. Our Dutch roots encourage us to never be satisfied and to keep proving ourselves every day.
We are the planet’s #1 accommodation site. Our diverse team, 10,000 strong, is united by a single mission: to help travelers, whatever their budgets, easily discover, book, and enjoy the world’s best places to stay. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 170+ offices worldwide, we work hard to help make nearly a million travel dreams come true every single day.
Full TimeNetherlands・Full TimeLanguages
Booking.com is looking for the world’s smartest designers. As a member of our Front End team you’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people. You’ll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry’s smartest people.Requirements
- Experience: You have at least two years of relevant experience
- Simplicity: Good design is invisible
- Collaboration: You’ll be working alongside developers and copywriters to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration
- Visual Design: Photoshop, Fireworks, Keynote, MS Paint – whatever works for you. Your process is your own; you get to decide which tools you use
- HTML/CSS: You’ll be given full ownership of your ideas, and so you’ll be required to both create beautiful mockups/wireframes/prototypes – and implement them
- Data: You are a successful Designer, but you like to measure your success with data and learn from it every day
- E-Commerce: You understand the challenges and the opportunities that a large e-commerce website has to offer
- You are excited to learn how to work with our templating and version control systems