The primary function of the Big Data Software Engineer is to lead development of software processing partner mobile network operator data. The position is a rare opportunity to handle enormous datasets (billions of daily records), and requires creative approaches to achieving necessary performance levels.
- Develop high-speed analytical software tools processing massive telecom datasets (billions of daily records), using primarily Rust software language.
- Think creatively to develop non-standard solutions to big data challenges, taking business requirements and turning them into efficient code.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to implement software interfaces.
- Test and deploy high quality rock solid code.
- Experience writing low-level code in any language.
- Experience handling large loads of data.
- Understanding of synchronous and asynchronous programming (threads, futures, etc…).
- Basic Git experience (branch, code, test, review, pull request).
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Ops experience (deployment, fault tolerance, etc...)
- Experience writing services, daemons, and command-line tools.
Salary Range: Depending on experience
- Stock Options, Bonus & Benefits